Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur is home to 1.8 million other KLites. It is a place where a variety of cultures are all infused into one melting pot to offer a unique experience to visitors. Where else can you savour the meanest street food with one of the world’s most iconic structures in the background? KL is definitely a place where everyday fun and world-class sophistication meet to create a unique destination for travellers, filled with Malaysian charm and friendliness with greetings of “Selamat Datang” (Welcome) everywhere you go.
Kuala Lumpur, the main gateway to Malaysia has a variety of attractions ranging from culture, heritage & places of interest, shopping, entertainment, nature & adventure, luxury travel, sports, business & events, medical & wellness, and education all showcases the city’s contrasts and diversity. This is what makes KL distinctive and the city’s identity was built on its history, people and tradition in the arts and culture.
This, I believe is why KL has been ranked as a Top 10 City Destination in the World by Euromonitor International for more than 5 years now. The contrasting history and heritage, from the early days of the small tin mining trading town to the metropolis city it is today yet retaining her fundamental identity, will excite, surprise and entice you to discover more.
KL is well recognised as a shopper’s paradise. I invite you to take a stroll within KL’s deluxe shopping centres, now linked by comfortable walkways, and vibrant night bazaars and be spoilt for choices. In our city, there’s always a time and place to shop. In 2013, KL was voted as the world’s fourth best place to shop by CNN Travel.
We assure you that you will enjoy your time savouring the amazingly diverse culinary options and exploring what the city has to offer. KL’s unique diversity – the Malays, Chinese, Indians and other ethnicities – have all injected their own unique influences to the city’s art, language, architecture and night scenes. The city is full of flavours, colours and experiences waiting for you to explore.
25 Best Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Visit the PETRONAS Towers in Kuala Lumpur
- Take in the history at Sri Mahamariamman Temple
- Sample some local flavor with Nasi Kandar
- Make some feathery friends at Kuala Lumpur Bird Park
- Enjoy the culture at the National Museum
- Have some fun at Sunway Lagoon Theme Park
- Scan the depths at Aquaria KLCC
- Do some shopping at Central Market
- Learn about rail transport at Kuala Lumpur Railway Station
- Eat some street food at Hutong/Litle India
- Visit a working pewter museum at the Royal Selangor Visitor Centre
- Take in the views at Kuala Lumpur Tower
- Slow down at Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park
- Shop till you drop at Suria KLCC
- Head to a food haven at Alor Street
- Meander around Jamek Mosque/Little India
- Meet the animals at the National Zoo of Malaysia
- Wander through China Town
- Learn some royal history at Istana Negara
- Count some money at Maybank Numismatic Museum
- Marvel at the Islamic architecture of the National Mosque
- Go climbing in the Batu Caves
- Take a stroll in KLCC Park
- Explore a Buddhist Temple at Thean Hou Temple
25. Go for a night out at the Golden Triangle
Good To Know
Duis dolor est, tincidunt vel enim sit amet, venenatis euismod neque. Duis eleifend ligula id tortor finibus faucibus. Donec et quam pulvinar, blandit tortor a, sollicitudin mauris. Donec orci enim, bibendum a augue quis, aliquet cursus quam. Pellentesque pulvinar, elit at condimentum dictum, sapien nibh auctor tortor, vel vulputate sapien tortor et velit. Sed nulla nisi, congue eu quam vel, molestie gravida ipsum. Curabitur ut lacus vitae tellus lacinia pretium. Proin vestibulum sollicitudin tortor, quis auctor mi rutrum non. Donec non eros eget purus lobortis imperdiet ac vitae est. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Duis ultricies mi sed lorem blandit, non sodales sapien fermentum. Donec ultricies, turpis a sagittis suscipit, ex odio volutpat sem, vel molestie ligula enim varius est. Pellentesque sodales ipsum nisi. Suspendisse ultrices nulla eu volutpat volutpat. Nunc vestibulum, tortor sollicitudin dapibus egestas, lorem eros vestibulum turpis, ac condimentum erat ipsum rutrum dolor. Donec blandit nisi ut congue rutrum. Vestibulum enim velit, semper hendrerit tristique non, malesuada auctor nulla. Nullam ac justo efficitur, tristique ligula.